If you’re looking for a sweet treat to have with your afternoon coffee, then look no further.
A cross between a cake bar and a blondie, this delicious traybake is perfect to whip up at the last minute.
The recipe from Lyle’s Golden Syrup includes chunky hazelnuts, rich brown butter and no eggs.
The site reads: “This Vegan Browned Butter, Chocolate Chip and Hazelnut Traybake recipe is wonderfully easy to make and definitely delicious!
“Think of it as a hybrid between a cake bar and a blondie. It’s absolutely perfect with a coffee or if you just fancy something super quick to make…or even for a bake sale.”
READ MORE: I made Mary Berry’s lemon drizzle traybake cake – and it was delicious
What you will need:
- 80g Lyle’s Golden Syrup
- 125g vegan butter
- 120g soft light brown sugar
- 225g plain flour
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 100g plant milk (we used soya in this recipe)
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 100g chocolate chips + 50g to drizzle over the top
- 50g roasted chopped hazelnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 180C fan and grease and line a 20 x 20cm square tin or something similar with parchment paper.
2. Place the vegan butter in a pan over medium heat and stir it until it’s melted.
Jamie Oliver’s fruity retro trifle is a family favourite and is easy to make[INSIGHT]
Mary Berry shares her glorious and delicious chocolate truffle dessert recipe[UPDATE]
Jamie Oliver’s ‘super easy’ recipe for ‘soft and delicious’ chocolate cookies[LATEST]
- Support fearless journalism
- Read The Daily Express online, advert free
- Get super-fast page loading
Keep the butter over the heat, making sure to stir it regularly until it starts to look slightly darker in colour.
Be warned, vegan butter does not brown as much so don’t worry if it’s not dark golden. The butter can start to spit if it gets too hot so be careful.
3. Once the butter has browned a little, pour it into a bowl and add in the light brown sugar. Stir the mixture until they are combined.
4. In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, baking powder and salt and mix them together. Then, add in the butter and sugar mixture along with the plant milk and vanilla extract.
5. Add in the Lyle’s Golden Syrup until all the ingredients are fully incorporated. Add in the chocolate chips and nuts and stir until they’re evenly distributed.
6. Place the batter into the brownie tin and spread it into an even layer.
7. Place it in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown, leaving it to cool fully before removing it from the tin. Then, drizzle over the extra melted chocolate. Once set, cut it into nine squares and serve.
Source: Read Full Article