The sweet drink was removed from the shelves after it was discovered that the main allergen had not been listed in English.
According to a risk statement issued by the Food Standards Agency (FSA), this means the product is “a possible health risk to anyone with an allergy or intolerance to milk or milk constituents”.
Chocomel was recalled by Interstoq, the company that supplies the chocolate drink brand to British retailer, Home Bargains.
The product is a Dutch brand of chocolate-flavoured milk, produced by FrieslandCampina in Aalter, Belgium.
Guidance from the FSA stated that the recall only affects certain batches of the drink sold in UK Home Bargains stores.
READ MORE: ‘Quirky’ British dish loved by the Queen Mother is as easy to make – recipe
- Pack size: 300ml
- Best before: November 7, 2023 and November 9, 2023
Waitrose recalls popular salmon product due to allergen fears – ‘do not eat'[LATEST]
Lidl recalls popular product due to health fears[INSIGHT]
Tesco and Lidl recall popular snacks due to ‘possible health risk’ – full list[REVEAL]
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Advice issued by Home Bargains urged customers read: “If you have bought Chocomel 300ml and you have an allergy, intolerance or sensitivity to milk, do not drink it.”
Instead, they urged consumers to first check the best-before date on the cap lid to ensure they have an affected batch.
Those that do should then contact Interstoq Ltd customer careline at [email protected].
Alternatively, customers can take the unopened product back to their local Home Bargains store to receive a full refund.
The recall comes just weeks after the discount store issued another warning to customers regarding a batch of protein powder Sci-Mx Nutrition Ultra Muscle Strawberry Flavour.
On July 6, 2023, the FSA issued an urgent recall for the product after it was discovered that it contained high levels of caffeine.
Source: Read Full Article