Active Time: N/ATotal Time20 MIN
Yield: Serves : 6
Tel Aviv chef Osama Dalal’s sweet, tangy, herb-packed salad gets a a stealth buzz from jalapeño. Slideshow: More Salad Recipes
- 2 tablespoons pure pomegranate syrup (see Note)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt
- 8 ounces sunflower sprouts, watercress or purslane, thick stems trimmed (10 cups)
- 3 cups mint leaves (2 ounces)
- 3 cups cilantro leaves (2 ounces)
- 1 jalapeño, very thinly sliced
How to Make It
In a large serving bowl, whisk the pomegranate syrup with the olive oil and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Add the sunflower sprouts, mint, cilantro and jalapeño and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper and toss again. Serve right away.
Pomegranate syrup, which is sweeter than pomegranate molasses, is available at Mediterranean markets and kalustyans.com.
Source: Read Full Article