- Total: 1 hr(includes cooling time)
- Active: 50 min
- Yield:6 to 8 servings
- For the vinaigrette: Combine the oil, honey, lime juice, zest, shallots, hot sauce, garlic and salt and pepper in a bowl to make a sweet and spicy vinaigrette. Set aside.
- For the salad: Line a baking sheet with wax paper and set aside. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Toss in the pecans and brown sugar, stirring to coat. Cook over medium heat until the sugar begins to caramelize, about 3 minutes. Spread out pecans on prepared baking sheet to cool.
- Heat an outdoor gas grill to high or prepare a charcoal grill for high, direct-heat grilling. Trim the ends off the watermelon. Stand the watermelon on one cut end and cut in half, then cut each half in half again. Cut the quarters into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Brush the vinaigrette on both sides of the watermelon slices. Add the watermelon slices to the grill in a single layer and cook until warmed through and grill marks appear, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Cool the watermelon, then cut into cubes. (You won’t use all the watermelon for the salad. Use as much as you like.)
- Layer the arugula leaves, grilled watermelon, strawberries, blueberries, blue cheese, pecans, parsley and scallions in a salad bowl. Add vinaigrette and toss just before serving.
Source: Read Full Article