This feature is not available with your current cookie settings.
You can update your privacy settings to enable this content.Please enable all cookies to use this feature.
- Prep 25 min
- Total1 hr25 min
This Triple-Layer Toffee Cracker Bars recipe is basically a toffee lasagna. Layer creamy caramel and smooth chocolate over buttery crackers for an easy cracker toffee bars recipe that uses ingredients you have in your pantry. Sprinkle on your favorite chopped nuts for an added crunch.
buttery rectangular crackers (from 13.7-oz box)
can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
cup packed brown sugar
bag (11.5 oz) milk chocolate chips (2 cups)
- 1Line 13×9-inch pan with foil. Spray foil with cooking spray. Place 30 of the crackers in bottom of pan.
- 2In 2-quart saucepan, mix condensed milk, brown sugar, butter and milk. Cook over medium heat until butter is melted, stirring frequently. Increase heat to medium-high; heat to boiling. Boil 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 3Pour one-third of the caramel mixture over crackers in pan. Arrange 30 of the crackers over caramel. Top with one-third of the remaining caramel mixture. Repeat with remaining crackers and caramel.
- 4In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips uncovered on High 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth. Pour over caramel; spread evenly. Refrigerate about 1 hour or until set. Cut into 6 rows by 8 rows. Store covered up to 4 days.
- Top with your favorite chopped nuts, if desired.
- Store loosely covered up to 1 week.
More About This Recipe
- This Southern classic may be known by many names, but it is always addictively delicious. Triple Layer Cracker Toffee Bars prove that saltine crackers are good for so much more than a bowl of soup. And it makes the perfect edible gift. Toffee bars are a great introduction to candy making with an easy caramel layer. Using sweetened condensed milk for the caramel base makes it doable for any cooking level. The most important thing to remember is constant stirring to avoid burning. To melt the chocolate chips, it is best to use a glass bowl to prevent scorching. If you like the sweet and salty combo you will love this recipe, and if you are looking for more twists on classic bars as well as some modern creations check out these sweet treats.
Source: Read Full Article