- 5 large (8 cups) medium tomatoes – cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup red onion – chopped
- 8-10 fresh basil leaves – chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic – minced
- to taste kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
In a large bowl combine the tomatoes, red onion, basil, olive oil, garlic and season liberally with salt and pepper.
Let the tomato mixture sit room temperature for about 20 minutes to let the flavors blend (the juices from the tomatoes will release and create a kind of dressing). Toss well.
When ready to serve, toss the tomato mixture and divide in 4 bowls.
Source: Read Full Article