- Prep 25 min
- Total1 hr10 min
Say goodbye to boring quiches and hello to this elegant number loaded up with all the fixings! A frozen deep-dish pie crust makes the base of this bake a breeze, and the custard-like egg filling is loaded with fresh tomatoes, green onions, crisp bacon and melty cheeses for tons of flavor in every bite. Whether you serve this for breakfast, brunch or lunch, it’s guaranteed to go fast.
Pillsbury™ Pet-Ritz® frozen deep dish pie crust
- 6slices bacon, cooked, crumbled
- 4medium green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
- 3medium plum (Roma) tomatoes, seeded, chopped
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon pepper
- 1cup half-and-half
- 2tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2cup shredded Swiss cheese (2 oz)
- 1/2cup shredded Cheddar cheese (2 oz)
- 1Place cookie sheet on oven rack.Heat oven to 375°F. Remove crust from freezer; let stand 1 minute.Prick crust with fork.Bake on cookie sheet 9 to 11 minutes or until very light golden brown.
- 2Sprinkle bacon, green onions, tomatoes, salt and pepper in crust.In medium bowl, stir together half-and-half, flour and eggs.Stir in cheeses.Pour over tomato mixture.
- 3Bake on cookie sheet 25 to 30 minutes longer or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Give the quiche a kick when you substitute grated Monterey Jack cheese with peppers for the Swiss or Cheddar.
- Serve this quiche warm or at room temperature for best flavor.
- Sprinkle extra sliced green onions and pepper on top of quiche before serving, if desired.
- Calories from Fat
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Trans Fat
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
Serving Size: 1 Serving
% Daily Value
% Daily Value*:
Source: Read Full Article