Mornings are not complete until a stack of pancakes has been placed down in front of us. These sweet potato pancakes are an amazing twist on the original that is perfect for a fall morning. Roast sweet potatoes to make your own puree or use canned; either way, you’ll still have a fluffy, homemade pancake that’s better than any box mix could produce. The added pecans will really make you feel like you’re eating dessert on Thanksgiving. Who doesn’t need excuse to day dream about pie right after waking up?
If you want to keep up the fall-themed mornings, add these Pumpkin Spice Pancakes to the menu! Tried out this autumnal recipe? Let us know how it went in the comments below!
Yields: 8 servings
Prep Time: 0 hours25 mins
Total Time: 0 hours45 mins
1 3/4c. all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2tsp. baking soda
2 tbsp. packed brown sugar
1 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4tsp. ground nutmeg
1/4tsp. ground ginger
1 3/4c. buttermilk
2 small sweet potatoes, roasted and pureed until smooth (about ¾ cup puree)
2 large eggs
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
Butter, for cooking and serving
Toasted pecans, for serving
Maple syrup, for serving
This ingredient shopping module is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content on their web site.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together buttermilk and sweet potato puree, then add eggs and vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon until just combined.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat. When butter is foamy, reduce heat to medium-low and ladle a scant ½ cup pancake batter into skillet. Cook until bubbles start to form in batter and pancake is golden underneath, about 3 minutes, then flip and cook other side until golden, another 3 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining batter. Serve with more butter, toasted pecans, and maple syrup.
BUY NOW Cuisinart Nonstick 14-Inch Skillet, $34.99, amazon.com
Source: Read Full Article