- Total: 1 hr 20 min
- Active: 30 min
- Yield:4 to 6 servings
1 1/4 cups heavy cream, at room temperature
7 ounces basil pesto
2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon red chile flakes
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
All-purpose flour, for dusting
One 16-ounce ball frozen pizza dough, thawed
Butter-flavored nonstick cooking spray, for baking dish
Two 13-ounce bags frozen cheese, pesto or mushroom filled ravioli (about 20 ravioli), no thawing necessary
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
2 ounces Parmesan cheese flakes
Torn fresh basil, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Whisk together the heavy cream, pesto, flour, red chile flakes, 1/2 cup warm water and a pinch of salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Working on a lightly floured surface, divide the dough in half and roll each half to make a rope about 3/4-inch-thick. Cut each rope in to 4 equal parts. Twist each piece into a knot, making 8 knots.
- Spray a large oval baking dish or large deep-dish pie pan with nonstick cooking spray. Pour a third of the sauce into the bottom of the dish. Layer with half of the ravioli in a single layer. Top with another third of the sauce, then layer with the remaining ravioli and top with the remaining sauce.
- Place the knots along the inside edge of the pan, on top of the ravioli. Spray the knots with the cooking spray and sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Bake until the garlic knots are a rich golden brown and the pasta sauce is bubbly, 40 to 50 minutes. Top with Parmesan and torn basil if using.
Source: Read Full Article