- Prep 35 min
- Total1 hr25 min
Create cream puff magic out of our crescent dough with this delicious recipe. Wrap Pillsbury™ Crescent Dough around a sugar-coated marshmallow. Your cream puff forms the perfect cavity when it bakes, making room for a sweetened lemon cream puff filling and fresh fruit. This impressive dessert only takes 35 minutes to prep, but nobody needs to know how easy it is to make.
- 4 1/2
teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1can (8 oz)refrigerated Pillsbury™ OriginalCrescent Rolls (8 count)
- 4large marshmallows, cut in half (from 12-oz package)
- 2tablespoons butter, melted
oz cream cheese (from 8-oz package), softened
- 1/2teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 1/2teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2cups frozen whipped topping, thawed (from 8-oz container)
- 2/3cup sliced fresh strawberries
- Additional powdered sugar, for sprinkling
- 1Move oven racks to middle and lower positions. Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 8 regular-size muffin cups generously with cooking spray. In small bowl, mix granulated sugar and flour.
- 2Separate dough into 8 triangles. Dip marshmallow half into melted butter; roll in sugar mixture. Place marshmallow on end with narrow tip, and roll up. Firmly pinch sides of dough so marshmallow is covered, pressing edges and seams of dough to seal completely.
- 3Dip bottom half (with seam sides) into remaining melted butter; place buttered side down in muffin cup. Repeat for remaining dough and marshmallows.
- 4Place large foil-lined cookie sheet on lower oven rack. Bake muffin pan on middle oven rack 10 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan 3 minutes. Loosen around edges of puffs with sharp knife or thin metal spatula, and carefully remove from muffin cups; transfer to cooling rack to cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- 5In medium bowl, beat cream cheese, lemon zest, lemon juice and 1/2 cup powdered sugar with spoon until smooth. Stir in whipped topping. With serrated knife, cut baked puff in half horizontally, all the way through the center. Pipe or spoon about 3 tablespoons of the filling into bottom half of puff, top with strawberries and top half of puff; repeat for remaining puffs and filling. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving. Store loosely covered in refrigerator.
- This recipe is inspired by this popular Pillsbury Bake-Off® Contest recipe. Using the method of wrapping the marshmallow in crescent dough creates a hollow cavity for the cream puff filling and fruit. Be sure to completely seal the dough around the marshmallow. Some of the marshmallow filling may bubble outside of the crescent puffs during baking, which is why we bake them over a foil-lined cookie sheet for easy cleanup.
- Switch up the berries and use raspberries or blueberries, or a combination of all three!
- Calories from Fat
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Trans Fat
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
Cream Puff Filling
Serving Size: 1 Puff
% Daily Value
% Daily Value*:
Source: Read Full Article