- Prep 20 min
- Total20 min
Sugar, allspice and everything nice makes these fluffy breakfast treats so-good.
cups vegetable oil
can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Flaky Layers refrigerated Original biscuits
teaspoon ground allspice
- 1In deep fryer or 2-quart heavy saucepan, heat oil over medium heat to 350°F. Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Using small round cookie cutter, cut hole in center of each biscuit.
- 2Gently place 2 or 3 biscuits in hot oil. (Biscuit holes can also be fried!) Fry on one side until golden brown. Gently turn with tongs; fry until other side is golden brown. Place on cooling rack; cool 3 to 5 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix sugar and allspice; place on plate. While doughnuts are still warm, add to spiced sugar; turn to coat.
- To make cinnamon-sugar doughnuts, replace ground allspice with ground cinnamon.
- Don’t forget the doughnut holes. Fry separately until golden brown, then add to spiced sugar.
- Instead of using a plate, add sugar and ground allspice to a brown paper bag. Add warm doughnuts and give them a shake to coat.
Source: Read Full Article