- Prep 15 min
- Total50 min
Playing with sweet and savory flavors is a fun way to incorporate seasonal items into your meal routine. Serve up something new with this spiced pear and pomegranate pizza. This delicious and easy pear pizza starts with a baked crescent crust topped with a delicately spiced and sweetened cream cheese base. Arrange thinly sliced pears on top, and decorate with pomegranate arils and a sprinkling of cinnamon. This pear pizza resembles a tart in many ways, making it perfect for breakfast, brunch or dessert!
can (8 oz) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Original Crescent Rolls or 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated Original Crescent Dough Sheet
- 1package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2cup powdered sugar
- 1teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2teaspoon ground ginger
- 2medium pears, cored and thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- Additional cinnamon, for sprinkling, if desired
- 2tablespoons pomegranate arils
- 1Heat oven to 375°F. Spray large cookie sheet with cooking spray, or line with cooking parchment paper.
- 2Unroll crescent dough onto cookie sheet into 13×9-inch rectangle. If using crescent rolls, press seams to seal. Bake 8 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- 3In medium bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon and the ginger with electric mixer on medium speed until mixed well and smooth. Spread onto cooled crescent crust to within 1/2 inch of edges. Arrange pears on top of cream cheese mixture, as desired.
- 4Sprinkle with additional cinnamon. Top with pomegranate arils. With sharp knife, cut into 4 rows by 4 rows, wiping knife with damp paper towel between cuts. Store loosely covered in refrigerator.
- We like to use Bartlett pears for this pear pizza recipe. Other good varieties are red D’Anjou and Bosc. To check the ripeness of a pear, press your finger gently into the top of the pear. It should give slightly when pressed.
- Pomegranate arils are sold in a container and have already been removed from the pomegranate skin, so they’re convenient and easy to use. You can also buy the whole fruit, and remove the arils on your own.
- Pour a drizzle of honey on the spiced pear and pomegranate pizza before serving to complement the sweetness of the pears!
- Bake the crescent crust, cool and spread with the cream cheese mixture. Cover loosely, and refrigerate your pear and pomegranate pizza up to 2 hours before topping with pears and serving.
- Calories from Fat
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Trans Fat
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
Serving Size: 1 Piece
% Daily Value
% Daily Value*:
Source: Read Full Article