- Prep 15 min
- Total1 hr35 min
See why hundreds of bakers have made this recipe their go-to lemon bar recipe! Refrigerated Pillsbury™ sugar cookies made quick work of the crust, saving you time but not sacrificing on taste. Plus, the delicious homemade filling made with fresh lemon juice and grated lemon peel comes together in minutes.
roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated sugar cookies
- 4eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1/2cups granulated sugar
- 2tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 2tablespoons lemon zest and 1/3 cup lemon juice from 2 medium lemons
- 1to 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1Heat oven to 350°F. Break up cookie dough in ungreased 13×9-inch pan. With floured fingers, press dough evenly in bottom of pan to form crust. (DO NOT EAT RAW COOKIE DOUGH AFTER PRESSING DOUGH IN PAN WITH FLOURED FINGERS.) Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown.
- 2In large bowl, beat eggs with wire whisk or fork until well mixed. Beat in granulated sugar, flour and butter until well blended. Stir in lemon zest and lemon juice. Pour mixture over warm crust.
- 3Bake 20 to 30 minutes longer or until edges are light golden brown. Cool completely, about 30 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. With knife dipped in hot water, cut into 6 rows by 6 rows.
- Don’t have lemons handy or not enough time to squeeze fresh lemon juice? You can substitute bottled lemon juice in a pinch.
- Store leftover bars covered in the refrigerator.
- Calories from Fat
- Total Fat
- 3 1/2g
- Saturated Fat
- 1 1/2g
- Trans Fat
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
- This Pillsbury fan favorite recipe is sure to please any crowd and add a little color and a lot of flavor to any get-together. Best of all, these bars only require 15 minutes of prep time. Using refrigerated sugar cookie dough for the base makes these lemon bars the easiest dessert you’ll ever make. For the filling, fresh lemon juice and zest give the best flavor, but bottled lemon juice can be substituted if that is what you’ve got on hand. Be sure to let your lemon bars cool completely before cutting to let the lemon curd layer set and allow time for the fresh lemon flavor fully develop. If you like the flavor of these citrusy lemon bars don’t forget to try these other recipes for lemon lovers.
Serving Size: 1 Bar
% Daily Value
% Daily Value*:
Source: Read Full Article