- Prep 20 min
- Total1 hr10 min
When a kid-friendly recipe doubles as a kid-friendly activity, we know we’re on to something! Bring the magic of snowman-building indoors with these five-ingredient cinnamon rolls that are perfect for holidays, snow days and Saturdays!
can (17.5 oz) Pillsbury™ Grands!™ refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing
oz (from 8-oz package) cream cheese, softened
Blue gel food color
small white gumdrops
small orange gumdrops
brown M&M’s® Minis™ chocolate candies
Candy sprinkles and colored sugars, as desired
Small colored gumdrops, as desired
- 1Heat oven to 350°F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- 2Separate dough into 5 rolls; return icing to refrigerator. Place rolls 2 inches apart on cookie sheet; flatten rolls slightly with hands.
- 3Bake about 10 minutes or until light golden brown and firm enough to turn; turn over, and continue to bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to cooling rack; cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- 4In small bowl, place icing from container. Add cream cheese; beat with spoon until well blended. On flat side of each roll, spread 1 heaping tablespoon cream cheese icing over bottom two-thirds of roll.
- 5For hat, to remaining icing, tint with blue food color to desired color. Spread 2 teaspoons tinted icing to cover unfrosted part on each roll. Slightly flatten white gumdrop; place on hat for pom pom. Press 1 orange gumdrop to form pointed nose; place in center of roll. Place brown candies for eyes and smile. Repeat for remaining rolls. Decorate using photo as a guide.
- Make your snowman rolls even more festive, and use red or green food color instead of blue for the hats.
- If desired, use miniature chocolate chips instead of M&M’s™ Minis™ chocolate candies. Or use both!
- To quickly soften cream cheese, remove from wrapper, and place on microwavable plate; microwave uncovered on High about 15 seconds or just until softened.
- Trademarks referred to herein are the properties of their respective owners.
Source: Read Full Article