- Prep 15 min
- Total5 hr15 min
Not a huge fan of dishes? No problem! This one-pot meal starts with chicken that gets slow-cooked with potatoes in a sweet and savory honey-garlic sauce for a super easy all-in-one meal. Simply layer in your ingredients in the slow cooker, set it and walk away for a few hours. Remember, though it’s tempting to sneak a peek, keep the lid closed shut! Lifting the lid of your slow cooker during cooking lets built-up heat escape and will lower the temperature and affect the overall cooking time.
cup Progresso™ chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
cup plus 1 tablespoon honey
cloves garlic, finely chopped (about 5 teaspoons)
lb small red potatoes, halved
small onion, cut into wedges
boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1 3/4 lb)
tablespoons cold water
teaspoons soy sauce
Chopped Italian (flat-leaf) parsley, if desired
- 1Spray 4- to 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In small bowl, mix broth, 1/4 cup honey, the garlic, salt and pepper. Add potatoes and onion to slow cooker.
- 2Arrange chicken on top of potato mixture in slow cooker; pour broth mixture on top of chicken and potatoes. Cover and cook on Low heat setting 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 hours or until potatoes are tender and chicken is cooked through.
- 3Remove chicken and vegetables to platter; cover and keep warm. With fine mesh sieve, strain cooking juices into medium bowl; transfer cooking juices back to slow cooker. In small bowl, add water and cornstarch; beat with whisk into cooking juices in slow cooker. Cover and cook on High heat setting 20 to 25 minutes or until slightly thickened and bubbly around edges.
- 4With whisk, beat in butter, remaining 1 tablespoon honey and the soy sauce. Serve sauce with chicken and vegetables. Garnish with parsley.
- Slow cookers can range in size from 1 quart to 6 quarts. Be sure to use the size of slow cooker called for in the recipe. Slow cookers work most efficiently when two-thirds to three-fourths full.
- Feel free to adjust the amount of honey and soy sauce to your liking, by stirring in additional teaspoons before serving.
- Root vegetables (potatoes and onions) take longer to cook than other vegetables which is why they are layered first in the bottom of the cooker.
- Serve with a side of green vegetables to round out the meal.
More About This Recipe
- Making chicken in the slow cooker is always a good idea. It’s one of the easiest ways to prep, no matter which part of the chicken you cook with; chicken breasts, chicken thighs and sometimes even whole chickens can be made in the slow cooker for a super flavorful, juicy chicken dinner.When cooking chicken thighs in the slow cooker, and really, cooking in the slow cooker in general, there are a few things you should keep in mind. First, don’t cook past the recommended time on the recipe. This can result in an overcooked dish pretty quickly. On the other hand, don’t remove the lid to check on your recipe. Slow cookers work because they trap heat inside the device and cook food at a low temperature for a long time. Taking the lid off will release of some of the heat, and it will take the slow cooker some time to warm back up, which means it will take your dish longer to cook than expected!Follow these slow cooker tips, and you’ll be an expert in no time. Ready to tackle your next chicken recipe? We have tons of top-rated dishes top-rated dishesfor you to choose from.
Source: Read Full Article