Active Time: 10 MinsTotal Time45 Mins
Yield: Serves 8
This colorful and ultra smooth hummus has added sweetness from roasted sweet potatoes. Serve with your favorite pita chips and crudités for a fun and tasty snack you can feel good about eating.
- 1(12-oz.) sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1-in. pieces (2 1/2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1(15-oz.) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed (1 1/2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons tahini (sesame paste)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 tablespoons water
- Pita chips
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss together sweet potato pieces and 1 teaspoon of the oil on a large rimmed baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven until browned and very tender, about 30 minutes, stirring after 20 minutes. Remove from oven, and cool at room temperature about 5 minutes.
Place cooled sweet potato, chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a food processor. With processor running, pour water and 2 tablespoons of the oil through food chute. Process until smooth, about 1 minute, stopping halfway to scrape down sides as needed. Transfer to a serving bowl, and drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Serve with pita chips and crudités.
Source: Read Full Article