I wanted chicken kabobs but it’s raining. So I deconstructed the bobs and did it in an iron skillet in the oven. We had it over rice and it was really good. If you like yours a little sweeter add some brown sugar or honey.
- 2 lbs skinless boneless chicken, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp chopped minced garlic or 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp cooking oil for skillet
- 1 (20 oz) can pineapple rings, juice reserved, rings cut into fours
- 1 large onion cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Salt pepper garlic powder, onion powder, any other seasoning you like
Combine first 6 ingredients in a zip top bag. Massage the bag well and stash in fridge for no less than 30 minutes.
Prep onion and pineapples and set aside. In a bowl, combine the reserved pineapple juice, teriyaki sauce, brown sugar and seasonings in a bowl and whisk.
Preheat oven to 350. Heat cooking oil in a large cast iron skillet on med/hi. Arrange chicken in a single layer and brown. Discard marinade. Once brown, add pineapples and onions and whisk sauce once more and pour over it all and stir. Place skillet, uncovered, in oven. Bake for about 30 minutes until thick and bubbly. Serve with white rice. I garnish with green onions and toasted sesame seeds but was out lol
Source: Read Full Article