- Prep 10 min
- Total30 min
Say goodbye to dirty dishes! This twist on classic spaghetti is one of the easiest, tastiest quick dinners you will ever make. Rotisserie chicken cuts down on prep time while jalapeño cream cheese combined with Mexican cheeses and chicken broth gives the sauce its special flavor—and it’s all made in one pot. Oh, and did we mention it’s ready in just 30 minutes?
lb uncooked spaghetti, broken in half
carton (32 oz) Progresso™ chicken broth
cups shredded deli rotisserie chicken
container (8 oz) cream cheese spread with jalapeño peppers
cup shredded Mexican cheese blend (4 oz)
cup diced seeded tomato (1 medium)
tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 In 4-quart saucepan or Dutch oven, heat spaghetti, broth and salt just to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to medium; cook 10 to 15 minutes, stirring frequently, until al dente and liquid is almost completely absorbed.
- 2Stir in chicken, cream cheese and shredded cheese; cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until cheese is melted and hot. .
- 3Stir in tomato until well blended. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve immediately
- For a less spicy version, substitute garden vegetable or onion-chive cream cheese spread for the jalapeño cream cheese spread.
- Serve this one-pot meal with a fresh garden salad.
More About This Recipe
- We tend to use the word “spaghetti” interchangeably as both the name of a noodle and the name of the traditional Italian dish. Spaghetti means different things to different people and it seems that everyone has their own preference on how to enjoy it; some swear by their recipe for Bolognese and others would never sway from their favorite spaghetti and meatballs dish. But we wouldn’t feel right unless we offered another twist on the classic recipe: chicken spaghetti. Just because you’re using a spaghetti noodle doesn’t mean that you have to stick with using a red sauce. Chicken and spaghetti can pair well with white sauces like Alfredo or a cream cheese base, and with red sauces—think of how delicious chicken Parmesan is and you’ll get the idea! Did you know there are more ways to make spaghetti beyond boiling over the stove? You can make it in your slow cooker or in the oven. We break it all down for you in our easy How to Make Spaghetti article.
Source: Read Full Article