Need an easy omelette recipe? Try a microwave omelette! Learn how to cook eggs in the microwave, and you’ll have an easy and delicious meal solution for busy days!
Cooking Eggs in the Microwave
Friends, I have a new favorite way to cook eggs—in a mug, in a microwave.
No kidding. For realz! Why???
- Well first, it takes only a couple minutes to make, and clean-up is easy.
- Second, while so many microwave mug recipes result in a poor substitute for something properly cooked, a microwave omelette is surprisingly tender and delicious.
- Third, if you’re trying to eat light, learning how to cook eggs in the microwave cuts down substantially on added fat. It just uses a quick spray of cooking oil (or a wipe of olive oil) on the inside of the mug. (For those of you who count calories, I counted 200 in this recipe, but your analysis may vary.)
Microwave cooking works by agitating water molecules, meaning that it turns moisture into steam. So the microwave omelette gets cooked evenly and gently, which is exactly what you want when you are making an omelette.
An Easy Omelette Recipe
This easy omelette recipe is perfect for those times when the day gets away from you and it’s 2 in the afternoon and you haven’t even had breakfast yet (my life more often than I care to admit).
Want to make use of the office kitchen that comes equipped with a microwave? This easy omelette recipe is a cinch. Bring some cooking spray, a carton of eggs, some pre-chopped mix-ins, and you’re set for the week.
- Looking for a stove-top omelette recipe? Try this one!
How to Cook Eggs in the Microwave
For obvious reasons, learning how to cook eggs in the microwave is a helpful skill. A microwave omelette is easy, but here are some tips to avoid a messy egg-splosion in the microwave:
- Use a large mug (12 to 16 ounces) because the egg expands like a soufflé, and if the mug isn’t large enough, the rising tower of egg omelette may spill over and cause a mess.
- Use a microwave-safe mug! (For obvious reasons)
- Add a tablespoon of milk or water, this will help keep cook the eggs more evenly from the inside, and help keep the eggs from expanding too quickly. (I experimented with making a simple egg omelette in a small mug without adding liquid and it exploded egg guts all over the inside of my microwave, so use a large mug, and add liquid.)
How Long to Cook a Microwave Omelette
A big component to how to cook eggs in the microwave is perfecting how long to cook them. Play around with the times so they work for your microwave. My microwave is 1000 watts, and when I include all of the add-ins in this microwave omelette recipe (cheese, bell pepper, etc.) the timing that works best for me is 30 seconds, stir, 30 seconds, stir, 20 seconds, done. With no add-ins, the timing that works for me is 30-20-20.
Try These Other Easy Breakfasts!
- Oatmeal Almond Butter Breakfast Cookies
- Pressure Cooker Egg Bites
- Easy Poached Eggs
- Cherry Almond Granola with Vanilla Crumbles
- Freezer Breakfast Burritos with Salsa Verde
Source: Read Full Article