- Prep 20 min
- Total35 min
Mozzarella and pesto mini tarts are a deliciously easy appetizer you can whip up with only 20 minutes of prep. With only a handful of simple ingredients, these bite-sized starters couldn’t be easier. Using your muffin tin, you can make your mini tarts with basil pesto, fresh mozzarella and tomato baked inside garlic-buttered crescent cups. These savory mini tarts are sure to be a hit for mealtime, game day celebrations, movie night and whenever you need a satisfying vegetarian snack.
can (8 oz) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Crescent Dough Sheet
- 1tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3cup refrigerated basil pesto (from 7-oz container)
- 12fresh mozzarella cheese balls (1 inch), drained, (from 8-oz container), cut in half
- 6grape tomatoes, quartered
- 3tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 24 miniature muffin cups with cooking spray. Unroll crescent dough sheet into 12×8-inch rectangle. Cut into 6 rows by 4 rows to make 24 squares.
- 2Gently press dough squares into muffin cups (dough will not completely cover inside of cup; do not press too much). In small bowl, mix melted butter and garlic powder. Brush mixture lightly onto insides of crescent dough. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- 3Fill each baked crescent cup with generous 1/2 teaspoon pesto, cheese ball half and tomato quarter. Bake 2 to 4 minutes or until cheese is softened. Remove from pan. Top with basil before serving. Serve warm.
- Fresh mozzarella comes in various sizes and forms. We tested with the 1/3 oz ciliegine (cherry size or 1-inch balls), cut in half, for this mini tart recipe.
- Using a pizza cutter works well for cutting the dough into squares for your savory mini tarts. Try to get even-sized pieces for the best results.
- Cooking Vegetarian? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is vegetarian. Products and ingredient sources can change.
- Calories from Fat
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Trans Fat
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
Serving Size: 2 Tarts
% Daily Value
% Daily Value*:
Source: Read Full Article