- Total: 2 hr 30 min(includes cooling time)
- Active: 20 min
- Yield:10 to 12 servings
- For the cake: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 10-cup nonstick bundt pan generously with cooking spray.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a medium bowl and stir to combine.
- Cream the butter, granulated sugar and lemon zest in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment on medium-high speed until lightened, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs one a time, making sure each is fully combined before adding the next and stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl once. Turn the speed to low and add half of the flour mixture; mix until combined. Add the milk and vanilla and mix until combined, then scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the remaining flour mixture and mix until combined, then turn the speed up to medium and mix until the batter is smooth, a few seconds.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan and bake until a tester inserted in the center of a side comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Cool on a rack for 10 minutes, then unmold onto the rack and let cool completely.
- For the glaze: Combine the cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat on low speed until smooth. Add 2 tablespoons lemon juice and mix until smooth and pourable but not runny; add the remaining tablespoon of lemon juice if needed. Pour the glaze evenly over the cake and let drip down the sides.
When measuring flour, we spoon it into a dry measuring cup and level off the excess. (Scooping directly from the bag compacts the flour and results in dry baked goods.)
Source: Read Full Article