I tossed together some of my favourite fall veggies and hoped for the best. It was RIDICULOUS good!
- 4 mild sausage links, casing removed
- 2 celery, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1/2 granny Smith apple, skinned and diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1.5 cups diced butternut squash
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- to taste Salt and pepper,
- to taste Dried basil,
- to taste Dried thyme,
- 3-4 cups mashed potatoes (prepared in advance or packaged)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
In a large pan, brown sausage meat.once browned add onions and garlic.
Once onion is translucent, add all the veggies (including apple)and seasonings and stir and cook for 6-8 min.
Transfer everything to baking dish or oven safe dish, top with mashed potatoes and shredded cheese.
Bake in 350°F oven for 35 min and until top is bubbly and browned around the edges.
**note: I topped mine with rustic mashed roasted sweet potato instead since hubby isn’t CRAZY about sweet potato. Mine was DELISH and he said the regular mashed was delish (and my 2 year old loved it as well) the apples were a delish sweet bite.
Source: Read Full Article