- Total: 1 hr 30 min
- Active: 25 min
- Yield:6 to 8 servings
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut off the ends of the yams, then peel and cut the yams into 1/2-inch-thick circles. Add to a 2-quart baking dish. Set aside.
- In a medium pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the brown sugar and stir until thoroughly blended. Stir in the pineapple juice, cinnamon, vanilla and cloves. Taste the mixture to make sure it’s sweet to your liking and pour over the yams. Spread the strawberry preserves on top of the yams.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake until the yams are semi-tender, about 40 minutes. Remove the foil and bake until the yams are caramelized, 20 to 25 minutes more.
- Plate and serve hot. And don’t forget to pour the sauce from the baking dish on top!
Source: Read Full Article