- 2 broiler/fryer chickens (3TO4 POUNDS each) cut into 8 pieces ea
- Salt and pepper
- Barbecue Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
Sprinkle chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Grill skin side down, uncovered, on a greased grill rack over medium heat for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, make barbecue sauce by heating oil over medium heat. Add onion, saute until tender. Stir in remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes.
Turn chicken, brush with barbecue sauce. Grill 15-25 minutes longer, brushing frequently with sauce, until a thermometer reads 165 degrees when inserted in the breast and 170 degrees to 175 degrees in the thigh.
1 serving… 370 calories, 15 g carbohydrates, 33g protein, 104ng cholesterol, 19g fat
Source: Read Full Article