- 2 LG eggs
- 1 c Sour Cream
- 1/2 c vegetable oil
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 c AP Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 12 oz Strawberries hulled
- 2 tsp Powered Sugar to dust top
- Strawberry Sauce
- 16 oz Strawberries hulled and cut into pieces
- to taste Sugar
- 1 tbsp Raw Sugar for the top of cake
- 375 Preheat oven to
- Butter a 9" springform pan and line the bottom with parchment
- Take half the berries and clean and chop them into chunks
- half Then clean and cut the rest in
In lg mixing bowl beat together eggs and sugar on high until light in color and fluffy
Add sour cream, oil and vanilla and mix on low until combined
In smaller bowl mix dry ingredients and add to batter 1/3 at a time mixing on med/low just until incorporated
Add haft the batter to pan and top with diced berries. Spread the rest of the batter on top and cover with berries cut side down, slightly push berries into the batter and top with the raw sugar and bake, 45-55 mins or until lightly browned.
While baking make your sauce. Take the berries and sugar and blend them until pureed.
Let cake rest in pan for 30 mins before you attempt to open. Top with powered sugar and transfer to serving dish.
Cut slices and serve with strawberry sauce.
Source: Read Full Article