Crema de Fruta is a popular Filipino dessert. It is usually baked in an oven and consists of various layers of fruit cocktail, gelatin, and cream. To eliminate the need for baking, this recipe has substituted graham crackers for sponge cake. Different types of fruit can also be used depending on your taste and the availability of different types of fruit.
It is usually served during theChristmas season.
- 4 packed graham crackers
- 6 box cream
- 3 CAN CONDENSED MIlK
- 1 can fruit cocktail (800 g)
- 135 grams unflavored gelatine powder
- 1 1/2 cups juice from fruit cocktail
- 1 1/2 cups evaporated milk
- cheese (optional)
● In a mixing bowl pour the condensed milk and cream and mix well.
● Place graham crackers in a dish, and pour over it the cream mixture. Make three layers of graham crackers with cream mixture on the surface.
● Once you have done three graham crackers layers with a cream mixture on top, you can put a fruit cocktail, then graham crackers, and cream mixtures and fruit cocktails. Then just repeat the graham crackers, cream mixture and the last one is a fruit cocktail, set aside for a while.
● Boil the juice from the fruit cocktail and reduce the heat. Mix powder gelatin and mix well until melted.
● Then move in a bowl with milk and mix well to mix gelatin and milk, let cool in 3 minutes.
● Pour over the graham crackers with cream and fruit cocktail the gelatine mixture. And cool overnight.
Source: Read Full Article