- Total: 1 hr 30 min(includes cooling time)
- Active: 20 min
- Yield:6 to 8 servings
Cookie Dough Crumble:
- For the cookie dough crumble: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch square baking dish with butter.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl and set aside. Microwave the butter in a medium microwave-safe bowl until completely melted. Cool slightly. Stir the brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla and egg into the melted butter. Stir the flour mixture into the butter-sugar mixture until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- For the cherry filling: Toss together the cherries, granulated sugar, flour, vanilla and salt in a large bowl. Transfer to the prepared baking dish and toss the cookie dough crumble over the cherry filling.
- Bake until the filling is hot and bubbly and the top is crisp and golden brown, 50 to 55 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes. Dish up spoonfuls and top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream if desired.
When measuring flour, we spoon it into a dry measuring cup and level off excess. (Scooping directly from the bag compacts the flour, resulting in dry baked goods.
Source: Read Full Article