This is a yummy, simple one pot recipe for a quick weeknight dinner. Recipe adapted from : thegirlwhoateeverything.com
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup orzo pasta, uncooked
- 1 cup unsalted chicken broth
- 1 can (15 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 tsp. each Italian seasoning, dried basil, salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 3 cups spinach, roughly chopped
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese, for serving
In a large, deep skillet with a tight fitting lid, heat the oil over medium heat. Once its hot, add the onion. Cook, stirring often until it’s translucent, about 5-7 minutes. Then stir in the garlic and cook another minute or so more, until it’s fragrant. Increase the heat to med-high and add the orzo to the pan and let that toast a bit, stirring often.
Stir in the broth, diced tomatoes, chicken and seasonings. Let it come up to a low boil. Once starting to boil, cover with a lid and reduce the heat to med-low. Let this simmer covered for 12-15 minutes, or until the liquid has absorbed, stirring often. In the last few minutes of cook time, stir in the chopped spinach. Then serve with some fresh parmesan on top.
Source: Read Full Article