This is a very typical weekly meal for Bulgarians, it is a very quick, easy and DELICIOUS recipe! ?
- 800 g ground meat (beef or pork)
- 2 slices white bread (without crusts)
- 4 tbsp milk
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tbsp cumin
- 1 1/2 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tbsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp savory (if you don't have any replace with thyme)
- 1 tbsp salt (or more to taste)
- 1 medium size minced onion
- 1 cup oil (I use avocado oil)
In a big bowl (you will be adding all ingredients in it), soak white bread slices into milk. Once bread has fully absored milk, crumble into tiny pieces.
Add ground meat to crumbled and soaked bread pieces. Add egg and all spices. Add minced onion.
Mix everything very well. All spices and bread must be absorbed into ground meat. Place mixture in fridge for 30 minutes.
After 30 minutes, takes mixture out of fridge. You can wet your hands with water beforehand (so mixture doesn’t stick on them). Start forming 2-2.5 inch (5-7cm) in diameter meatballs.
Once meatballs are formed. Add oil in a pan and heat it until ready to fry meat. Add meatballs and fry until golden and well cooked inside (about 4 minutes on each side).
Serve hot with sides such as potatoes/fries and/or salad. Enjoy!
Source: Read Full Article