I think this was a Pinterest find and a good one at that. I have to hand write my “finds” or I never find them again! The nice thing about this is it keeps well, slices nicely and kept me from making breakfast for three or four days.
- 1 (10 ounce) can of regular biscuits (not the giant flaky Grands they won't cook throughly)
- 1 pound ground sausage (Spicy is my preference)
- 1 and 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- to taste Salt and pepper
- 1 and 1/2 cups cold water
- 1 package pork gravy ***
- **You can make your own gravy from your sausage drippings or opt for the package variety. The directions include using the packaged gravy, although I made my own which probably takes less time!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease bottom of 9×13 baking dish.
Place biscuits in bottom of dish. I actually used a can of crescent roll dough sheet and filled bottom of dish instead of biscuits.
Cook sausage, drain. If you are going to make your own gravy save some drippings.
Scatter sausage over biscuits, top with 1 cup cheese.
Whisk milk, eggs, salt and pepper. Pour over sausage layer.
Mix water and gravy packet. Bring to a boil, simmer til thick, add more water if necessary. Pour gravy over egg mixture, sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Bake until egg is fluffy and cheese is bubbling. About 30 minutes.
Source: Read Full Article