- Total: 45 min
- Active: 20 min
- Yield:4 to 6 servings
3 pounds baby Yukon gold potatoes
2 tablespoons kosher salt
8 slices thick-cut bacon
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1 to 2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon red chile flakes
1 teaspoon dried dill
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup BBQ sauce
2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
1 to 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
1 pinch of kosher salt
1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves
- For the potatoes: Put the potatoes in a pot with cold water and add the salt. Cover, bring to a boil and cook until fork-tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain, cut in half and transfer to a bowl.
- Fry the bacon in large skillet over medium heat until crisp, 12 to 15 minutes. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate, chop into 1-inch pieces and reserve.
- For the quick-pickled onion: Combine the red wine vinegar, honey, chile flakes and dill in a small bowl and whisk until the honey is completely dissolved. Add 1/2 cup water and the sliced onions. Toss well to combine and submerge the onions. Set aside or transfer to a container with an airtight lid. The quick-pickled onions can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
- For the dressing: Mix together the mayonnaise, BBQ sauce, mustard, apple cider vinegar, pepper, Worcestershire and salt in a medium bowl until combined.
- Pour the dressing onto the potatoes, add a third of the pickled onions, two-thirds of the chopped bacon and half the chopped parsley and toss. To serve, garnish with the remaining parsley, bacon and pickled red onions.
Source: Read Full Article