From “Five Ingredients or Less Slow Cooker Cookbook”
by Stephanie O’Dea
– Keep your insert at least 2/3 full for optimum performance.
– You can still make all of the recipes in a 6-quart machine; insert an oven-safe dish such as CorningWare or Pyrex into the insert to create a smaller cooking vessel.
– 4-quart recipes will work fine in a 6-quart machine, but will cook faster. Reduce the cook time by at least a third and then check the food to ensure doneness. You can also increase the ingredients by 50% to fill the pot properly, and use stated cook times.
- 4 cups sliced apples (approximately 4 large apples, peeled and cored)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 cups granola cereal
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
Use a 4- or 6-quart slow cooker. Spray insert with cooking spray. Add the apple slices to the insert and toss with orange juice.
In a small mixing bowl, stir together the granola, brown sugar, and butter. Pour this directly on top of the apples.
Cover and cook on Low for 4 to 5 hours or on High for about 2 hours. The crisp is finished when the apples have reached the desired tenderness.
Unplug the slow cooker and let the crisp sit with the lid off for 20 minutes before serving to release condensation, and allow the apples to cool enough for eating.
Source: Read Full Article