Active Time: 15 minsTotal Time2 hours, 35 mins
Yield: Serves 16 (serving size: 1 bar)
We can only think of one word to accurately describe these decadent Hello Dolly-inspired bars: Wow. The coconut on top crisps up beautifully, while the espresso chips add something extra indulgent. Serve these with ice cream or on their own. You’ll be tempted to dig in as soon ASAP, but try to restrain yourself—the bars need to cool completely before you cut them. They should set up after an hour in the fridge but, for even better results, you could let them chill overnight.
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (from 11 whole graham crackers)
- 6 tablespoons (3 oz.) unsalted butter, melted
- 1(14-oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup hazelnut-chocolate spread (such as Nutella)
- 1cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup espresso morsels (such as Tollhouse)
- 1 cup chopped hazelnuts or pecans
- 1large flaked unsweetened coconut
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper, leaving a 1-inch overhang on 2 sides. Stir together graham cracker crumbs and melted butter in a medium bowl. Press mixture into an even layer in bottom of prepared pan.
Stir together condensed milk and hazelnut-chocolate spread in the same medium bowl. Drizzle evenly over graham cracker mixture in pan. Sprinkle evenly with chocolate chips, espresso morsels, hazelnuts, and coconut. Press gently to adhere.
Bake in preheated oven until coconut is toasted, 22 to 25 minutes. Let cool completely, about 1 hour. Refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour. Remove from pan using parchment paper overhang as handles. Slice and serve.
Source: Read Full Article