"The most delicious shawarma chicken you’ll ever eat! Serve with pita bread, tomato and/or cucumber slices, tahini, or garlic sauce. Also great atop fattoush!"
- Combine yogurt, lemon juice, 1/4 cup oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, paprika, cumin, and oregano in a large glass or ceramic bowl; mix well. Add chicken and toss to evenly coat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for 8 hours to overnight.
- Remove chicken from the marinade and shake off excess. Discard the remaining marinade.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in hot oil in batches until tender and browned, about 5 minutes per batch. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Cook’s Note:
- Substitute thyme for oregano if preferred.
- Editor’s Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of marinade ingredients. The actual amount of marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 230 calories;13.5 g fat;2.1 g carbohydrates;24.2 g protein;65 mg cholesterol;354 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article