I’ve been eating like an absolute human trash can lately. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t regret any of the cozy baked goods, carb-loaded pastas and breads, or boxes of wine I’ve consumed over the last six months—but it’s safe to say I’ve packed on a few unwanted pandemic pounds.
While I’m normally pretty anti-diet, I’ve felt inspired to watch what I put into my body just a liiiitle more closely. That said, you’re not going to catch me giving up the foods I love any time soon, and you’ll have to pry my daily dessert out of my cold, dead hands. I’m just never going to be the kind of person who is satisfied by one square of dark chocolate and, for that, I will not apologize.
Cooking dinner shouldn't be complicated
That brings me to the purpose of this article: I recently discovered a two-ingredient, 50-calorie hot chocolate hack that has kind of rocked my world.
A steaming mug of hot cocoa lasts a lot longer than your average low-cal dessert (I’m looking at you, single dark chocolate square eaters) and it’s the perfect summer-to-fall transitional treat.
You only need two ingredients to whip up a cup (or two, or three) of this warming drink.
- Reduced Calorie Swiss Miss mix: Yes, Swiss Miss! The classic pre-packaged powder mix isn’t just for kids. The brand’s lighter take on the original milk chocolate formula only has 25 calories per serving. You can buy the mix in packets (buy it here) or in coffee pods (buy it here).
- Unsweetened cashew milk: Cashew milk is much creamier than other alternative milks (or even skim milk) and it offers a slightly nutty flavor that complements the milk chocolate beautifully. Plus, there are only 25 calories per cup.
How to Make 50-Calorie Hot Chocolate
Making this reduced calorie hot cocoa is as easy as, well, making hot cocoa. Here’s what you need to do:
- 1 cup unsweetened cashew milk
- 1 packet Reduced Calorie Swiss Miss mix
- Heat cashew milk over medium-low heat on the stove. Pour Swiss Miss into an empty mug.
- Once it is hot (but not boiling), pour the milk over the hot cocoa mix. Stir until smooth.
That’s it! You’re welcome.
Source: Read Full Article