Photo by Joseph De Leo, Food Styling by Anna Stockwell
Keep a jar of this seedy sprinkle on your counter to top bowls of yogurt, soup, salad, or anything you want to add a bit of crunch (and healthy fiber and protein!) to, or just eat it straight out of the jar as a snack.
- Makes 4 cups
- Active Time
- 15 minutes
- Total Time
- 1 hour 15 minutes
- 1 large egg white
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. Aleppo-style pepper (optional)
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup flaxseeds
- 1/2 cup raw sesame seeds
- Whisk egg white, oil, honey, pepper (if using), salt, and 1 Tbsp. water in a medium bowl to combine. Add sunflower seeds, chia seeds, flaxseeds, and sesame seeds and stir to coat. Let sit until liquid is absorbed, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Spread seed mixture in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake, stirring very gently after 10 minutes to encourage the mixture to form small clusters, until golden brown and crisp, 20–25 minutes. Let cool.
- Do Ahead: Sprinkle can be made 2 weeks ahead. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Source: Read Full Article