- Prep 40 min
- Total40 min
Filled with diced ham, fresh baby spinach, sliced mushrooms and shredded Swiss cheese, these tender, savory crepes make for a quick and easy breakfast (or dinner!). Did we mention this entire meal is ready in just 40 minutes? Whether you’re looking for a quick weeknight dinner solution or a special weekend breakfast dish for your family, these crepes fit the bill.
cup all-purpose flour
teaspoon baking powder
tablespoon butter, melted
package (8 oz) fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
package (8 oz) diced ham
cups lightly packed fresh baby spinach (from 5-oz package)
cup (4 oz) shredded Swiss cheese (from 8-oz package)
- 1In medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt. Beat in milk, 1 tablespoon melted butter and the egg with whisk just until smooth.
- 2Heat 7- or 8-inch nonstick skillet or crepe pan over medium heat. Lightly grease skillet with oil. Pour 1/4 cup batter into skillet, immediately tilting pan so batter covers bottom. Cook until edges are lacy and center is set. Turn; cook until golden brown.
- 3Stack crepes, placing waxed paper between each; cover with foil to keep warm.
- 4In 12-inch nonstick skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until tender. Stir in ham and spinach; cook 2 to 3 minutes longer or until spinach is slightly wilted. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese.
- 5Spoon about 1/2 cup mushroom-ham mixture down center of each crepe; roll up. Serve immediately.
- Beat batter using a whisk to achieve a smooth, lump-free texture. Strain through a wire mesh sieve to remove any lumps, if necessary.
- Using the correct tools is important for success when you’re making crepes. Using a 7- or 8-inch nonstick skillet with sloped sides allows you to quickly pour the batter into the pan and swirl it around, resulting in consistently thin crepes that are evenly browned and lacy around the edges.
- Yes, you can make these crepes ahead! To freeze: Place individual crepes between 2 pieces of plastic wrap, then wrap entire stack in foil for up to 2 months. To thaw, place package in refrigerator overnight. Remove plastic wrap, and bake in 250°F oven about 5 minutes or until warm.
- For an extra-special presentation, top these savory crepes with your favorite hollandaise sauce. Try adding a little Dijon mustard to the hollandaise for some added zest.
More About This Recipe
- Now that you’ve mastered savory crepes, try our Strawberries and Chocolate Sugar Cookie Crepes to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Source: Read Full Article