"Chicken, cream cheese, and garlic unite in this marriage of Chicken Neptune, Chicken Kiev, and a shorthanded pantry! Takes less fuss than either of its inspirations, and recipe can easily be increased for larger households."
- In a cup or small bowl, stir together the Italian seasoning, onion powder and garlic powder. Sprinkle over both sides of the chicken. Place 1 tablespoon of cream cheese on the center of each piece, and spread slightly. Tuck in the sides, and roll up tightly. Secure with toothpicks.
- Place the bread crumbs on a plate or in a shallow bowl. Roll the chicken rolls in the bread crumbs to coat. Place on a plate, cover, and freeze for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Heat the butter and oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the chicken rolls on all sides, this should take about 5 minutes. Transfer the rolls to a baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear. Spoon drippings from the dish over the rolls before serving.
- Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 239 calories;9.6 g fat;9.1 g carbohydrates;28.2 g protein;77 mg cholesterol;352 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article