2 tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
110g pack Vegan Smoky Streaky Pieces
410g can Cooks Ingredients Jackfruit, dained
8 cherry tomatoes, chopped
1 tbsp Cooks Ingredients Trio of Chilli Paste
100g long grain rice
400g can Epicure Organic blackbeans, drained and rinsed
1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
1 extra large avocado
Juice of 1 lime
6 essential Large Tortilla Wraps
1 little gem lettuce, shredded
75g essential Salted Tortilla Chips, broken into tiny pieces
Hot pepper sauce, to serve (optional)
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the onion and garlic for 3 minutes then add the smoky pieces and cook for a further 2 – 3 minutes until the onion is softened.
2. Add the jackfruit and cherry tomatoes, cook a minute or two then add the chilli paste and 250ml water. Simmer for 30 minutes until the jackfruit is very tender, adding a little exra water, if needed.
3. Meanwhile, add the rice, beans and paprika to a pan of boiling water and cook for 15 minutes until the rice is tender. Drain well and set aside.
4. Skin and stone the avocado and mash until smooth. Add lime juice and salt, to taste.
5. Heat a wrap in a dry frying pan for a moment or two until softened then spoon some of the rice down the centre. Top with the jackfruit mixture, followed by the avocado and lettuce. Sprinkle over some of the tortilla chips, add little hot pepper sauce, if using, then tuck in the sides and roll up firmly to make a neat roll. Repeat to make 6 rolls.
Source: Read Full Article