- Prep 15 min
- Total6 hr45 min
Cream cheese is the secret to a creamy ready-when-you-want-it squash soup.+
- 1In 10-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender.
- 2In 3- to 4-quart slow cooker, mix onion and remaining ingredients except cream cheese.
- 3Cover; cook on Low heat setting 6 to 8 hours.
- 4In blender or food processor, place one-third to one-half of mixture at a time. Cover; blend on high speed until smooth. Return mixture to slow cooker. Stir in cream cheese. Cover; cook on Low heat setting about 30 minutes longer or until cheese is melted, stirring with wire whisk until smooth.
- Use a wire whisk to stir the soup after you add the cream cheese so the soup has a smooth consistency.
- Stir in a 1-pound bag of frozen mixed vegetables (thawed and drained) with the cream cheese.
Source: Read Full Article