"This is one of our favorite summertime meals. Marinated chicken and veggies are cooked on the grill and served in a gordita-size tortilla with some sour cream, Cheddar cheese, and some wild rice on the side. We usually use the bottle marinade from the store."
- Place chicken in a resealable plastic bag; douse with 3/4 cups marinade. Refrigerate 8 hours to overnight.
- Combine the remaining 3/4 cups marinade, onion, mushrooms, red bell pepper, and green bell pepper in another resealable plastic bag. Marinate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Thread the onions, mushrooms, red bell peppers, and green bell peppers onto skewers. Place on the grill; cook until vegetables are tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Place chicken breasts onto the grill and cook until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 10 to 15 minutes more. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Slice cooked chicken; serve alongside skewers.
- Cook’s Notes:
- To make it lighter in fat, use fat-free sour cream and reduced-fat cheese.
- For a vegetarian version, replace the chicken with portobello mushrooms.
- If using wooded skewers, don’t forget to soak them in water first.
- Editor’s Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of marinade ingredients. The actual amount of marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 143 calories;1.8 g fat;15.9 g carbohydrates;15.2 g protein;34 mg cholesterol;1996 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article