The USDA issued a public health alert this morning regarding a recall for raw, non-intact beef products produced by Ryding-Regency Meat Packers Ltd. due to possible E. coli contamination. The Ontario-based company is being investigated by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency, which alerted the USDA that several of their products were exported to 10 states in the U.S.
Stay up to date on what healthy means now.
The following states affected by this recall are Connecticut, Illinois, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island and Vermont. The products under recall are listed below:
- Devanco Foods Chicago's Favorite Gyros Slices (10 lb. box with a case code 159 19)
- Kronos Halal Gyros Strips (10 lb. box with a case code 19 159)
- Ziyad Premium Quality Beef Hamburger Patties (case code 911541.021541)
- Ziyad Premium Quality Uncooked Kufta Kabob (case code 911154.021154)
- Shop Right 100% Pure Quarter Pound Ground Beef Hamburgers (8 lb. box with sell-by date of 06/07/20)
- Shop Right 100 % Pure Ground Beef Hamburgers (3 lb. box with sell-by date of 06/07/20)
- Landis Brand 100% All Beef Patties (sell-by date of 06/07/20)
Consumers are encouraged to immediately discard this product or return it to the place of purchase for a full refund. Symptoms of E. coli include diarrhea, abdominal cramps, nausea and vomiting, and consumers should contact their doctor if they believe they have consumed one or more of these recalled products and are experiencing any of these symptoms.
This Story Originally Appeared on Eatingwell.com
Source: Read Full Article