Active time: 15 min. Total time: 15 min.
Yield: Serves 6 (serving size: 1/2 cup)
This watermelon salsa is bright, acidic, and fruity. Thanks to a soak in cold water, the raw onion has a much milder flavor. Meanwhile, the lime juice and zest balance out the watermelon’s sweetness. We love this as a dip, but it’s also fantastic over grilled fish or in fish tacos, and it only takes 15 minutes to whip up.
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion (from 1 small onion)
- 3 cups 1/4-inch seedless watermelon cubes (from 1 small [about 1 1/2 lb.] watermelon)
- 1(1-oz.) jalapeño chile, seeded and diced (about 2 Tbsp.)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest plus 2 Tbsp. fresh juice (from 1 lime)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
How to Make It
Soak red onion in cold water 10 minutes. Drain. Stir together onion, watermelon, jalapeño, cilantro, lime zest, lime juice, and salt in a medium bowl. Serve immediately.
Source: Read Full Article