Active time:20 min. Total time:20 min.
Yield: Serves 10 (serving size: about 3/4 cup)
Our Taco Dip is cool, creamy and flavored with all the toppings on your favorite taco or taco salad. It’s not overly spiced or heavy, thanks to its lack of meat, which allows the vegetables and creamy base to shine. This worked great with Fritos Scoops, but it’d also be great on any tortilla chip or fresh veggie slices. Or, don’t use it as a dip at all and serve it as a side for grilled meat or topping for your next taco night. Make sure the cream cheese is well softened in order to mix together a smooth dip.
- 12 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream (about 12 oz.)
- 1(1-oz.) envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1(15-oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups chopped iceberg lettuce (from 1 small head lettuce)
- 1 cup finely chopped tomatoes (from 2 plum tomatoes, about 5 oz. total)
- 1 cup chopped avocado (from 1 [5-oz.] avocado)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (from 1 lime)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1(2.25-oz) can sliced black olives, drained (about 1/2 cup)
- 3 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapeño chiles, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Corn chips (such as Fritos Scoops), for serving
How to Make It
Stir together cream cheese, sour cream, and taco seasoning mix in a medium bowl until smooth. Spoon mixture into a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate; sprinkle black beans over cream cheese mixture in an even layer. Top beans with a layer of lettuce and a layer of tomatoes. Toss together avocado, lime juice, and salt; sprinkle over tomato layer. Top with sliced olives, chopped pickled jalapeños, and cilantro. Serve dip with corn chops, or cover, and chill until ready to serve. If chilled, let dip stand at room temperature 20 minutes before serving.
Source: Read Full Article