"The glaze creates a smoky caramelized topping, and the cranberries and pistachios add tartness and crunch. My 10-year-old walked in as I pulled this from the oven for the first time and announced, ‘that’s beautiful!’ It’s just as amazing in flavor, and it makes a gorgeous, elegant side."
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Rub oil over squash and season with salt. Place on a rimmed baking sheet and add water.
- Bake in the preheated oven until softened, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine butter, honey, cinnamon, garlic, oregano leaves, orange peel, and paprika in a small saucepan over medium heat. Heat sauce until combined, 1 to 3 minutes.
- Remove squash from oven and reduce heat to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Allow squash to cool for 5 minutes.
- Slice squash partway through vertically, leaving the bottom portion attached. Drizzle with 1/2 the sauce. Return to the hot oven and bake 10 minutes more.
- Remove from the oven and press gently on the squash to separate slices. Drizzle 1/2 of the remaining sauce on top and return to the hot oven. Bake 10 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and tuck oregano sprigs between slices or lay on top. Sprinkle with cranberries and pistachios and drizzle with remaining glaze.
- Bake in the hot oven 10 minutes more.
- Cook’s Note:
- A tip I learned from the internet: Place a wooden spoon beside the squash and carefully hold your knife level while slicing, using the spoon as a guide to keep from going through.
Per Serving: 426 calories;19 g fat;68 g carbohydrates;5.5 g protein;31 mg cholesterol;422 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article