Photo by Chelsea Kyle, Food Styling by Kate Buckens
These Southeast Asian dumpling filling–inspired pork burgers will become your new go-to favorite weeknight meal. The sweet and spicy mayo acts as both a dressing for the slaw and the sauce for the burger.
- 6 servings
- Active Time
- 45 minutes
- Total Time
- 45 minutes
- For the Dressing and Slaw:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. rice or white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Sriracha, hot chili paste (sambal oelek), or sweet Thai chili sauce (optional)
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- For the Burgers:
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1 tsp. Sriracha, hot chili paste (sambal oelek), or sweet Thai chili sauce (optional)
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp. fish sauce
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, finely chopped, plus more for serving
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt, plus more
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 English muffins, toasted
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Bread-and-butter pickles or quick-pickled carrots (for serving; optional)
- Make the Slaw:
- Whisk mayonnaise, vinegar, Sriracha, sugar, and 1 tsp. salt in a large bowl. Transfer about 1/4 cup dressing to a small bowl; set aside.
- Add cabbage and scallions to remaining dressing and toss to evenly coat. Season with remaining 1/2 tsp. salt. Cover and chill both the salad and dressing until ready to serve.
- Do Ahead: Dressing and slaw can be made 8 hours ahead. Keep chilled.
- Make the Burgers:
- Using your hands or a wooden spoon, mix pork, garlic, Sriracha (if using), sesame oil, fish sauce, 1/4 cup cilantro, and 1/2 tsp. salt in a large bowl until well combined.
- Shape pork mixture into 4 patties, slightly larger in diameter than English muffins (about 4").
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium. Working in batches if necessary, fry patties until browned on both sides and cooked through, 6–8 minutes.
- Spread reserved dressing on muffins. Place a patty on bottom halves. Season with salt and pepper. Pile on some slaw, pickles, and cilantro, then close muffins. Serve with remaining slaw alongside.
- Do Ahead: Patties can be made 1 day ahead. Separate with parchment if stacking. Cover and chill, or freeze up to 1 month.
Source: Read Full Article