Active time: 25 min. Total time:1 hour, 15 min.
Yield: Serves 8 (serving size: 2 to 3 slices)
Our Pellet Grill Pork Loin With Salsa Verde is perfectly cooked, just between medium rare and medium and incredibly juicy, while the salsa is briny and bright. The contrast of the cooked salsa verde and fresh lemon juice lends a nice complexity here. The pork loin itself is great, but the salsa verde transforms it into an excellent dish. The pork loin’s fat cap renders down a bit whole cooking and absorbs a good bit of flavor from the grill and smoke. It’s very easy to make, and when displayed whole, gives a wow effect. Ask your butcher to cut you a boneless center cut pork loin—you likely won’t find one in the display case, but there should be a whole one they can cut in half for you. Add the lemon just before serving to keep the salsa verde fresh. Serve with grilled vegetables or a salad. Turn leftovers into sandwiches the next day, or serve with eggs and leftover salsa verde for a restaurant-worthy brunch.
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots (from 2 shallots)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (from 1 bunch)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro (from 1 bunch)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill (from 1 bunch)
- 1 tablespoon chopped capers
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest (from 1 lemon)
- 1 teaspoon grated garlic (from 1 garlic clove)
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger (from 1 [1-in.] piece)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4anchovy fillets, chopped
- 3 1/2 pounds boneless, center-cut pork loin roast
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
How to Make It
Prepare the Salsa Verde: Stir together all ingredients in a medium bowl. Set aside.
Prepare the Pork Loin: Fill a pellet container to an electric pellet grill with hardwood pellets according to manufacturer’s instructions. Set temperature to 350°F, close lid, and preheat pellet grill 10 to 15 minutes. Sprinkle pork all over with salt and pepper.
Place pork on grill grate, close lid, and grill until lightly browned on both sides, about 7 1/2 minutes per side. Turn pork, if necessary, with fat cap up, and top with half of Salsa Verde. Close lid, and grill until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 140°F, 25 to 30 minutes.
Remove pork from grill, and let rest 15 minutes before slicing. Stir together lemon juice and remaining Salsa Verde, and spoon over sliced pork.
Source: Read Full Article