Active Time: 25 Mins
Total Time: 4 Hours 30 Mins
Yield: Serves 8 (serving size: 1 slice)
Believe it or not, this keto pumpkin pie tastes like the real thing. The sweetness is just right, and unlike other keto desserts, this pie doesn’t have a strong aftertaste from keto-approved sweeteners—so if you’re not a huge fan of sugar to begin with, you may like this even more. The nutty crust pairs excellently with the spicy, creamy filling, and everyone at the table will approve of this twist on pumpkin pie, so there’s no need to make more than one dessert.
- 2 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1 tablespoon keto sweetener (such as Swerve)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut in 1/2-in. pieces
- 1large egg white
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup keto sweetener (such as Swerve)
- 1/4 cup keto brown sugar (such as Swerve)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1(15-oz.) can pure pumpkin, well drained on paper towels
- 2large eggs, room temperature
- 1(12-oz.) can evaporated milk
WHIPPED CREAM TOPPING
- 3/4 cup cold heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon keto sweetener (optional)
How to Make It
Prepare the Crust: Preheat oven to 350°F. Process almond flour, keto sweetener, and salt in a food processor to combine. With processor running, gradually add butter pieces until well incorporated. Add egg white, and process until a dough forms. Chill dough 15 minutes.
Press dough evenly into a lightly greased 9-inch pie plate. Cover edges of crust with a pie shield or aluminum foil. Bake in preheated oven until lightly golden, about 13 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
Prepare the Filling: Beat together cream cheese, keto sweetener, keto brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves in a medium bowl with an electric hand mixer on medium speed until well combined and slightly fluffy. Add pumpkin, eggs, and evaporated milk; beat until creamy, about 30 seconds. Pour Filling into prepared, slightly cooled Crust. Lightly cover edges with pie shield or aluminum foil, and bake at 325°F on a rimmed baking sheet until the center barely jiggles, about 1 hour. Remove pie, and let it cool to room temperature on a wire rack, about 1 hour. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to 2 days before serving.
Prepare the Whipped Cream Topping: Place cold cream in a medium bowl, and add vanilla, cinnamon, and if desired, sweetener. Whisk or beat using a hand mixer until soft peaks form. Add to dollop on top of each slice.
Source: Read Full Article