Hot chocolate is decadent, moreish drink often enjoyed when curled up on the sofa on a cold, rainy day.
This weekend has been rather rainy and it’s looking like this poor weather might continue into next week.
Jamie Oliver’s epic hot chocolate is the perfect treat to try one evening. It’s super easy to whip up, and the whole family will love you.
Jamie’s recipe serves eight people but quantities can be amended depending on party size.
The star chef said: “This hot chocolate is off the scale and so simple to make… much better than the shop-bought stuff.”
READ MORE: Jamie Oliver shares how to get ‘perfect’ roast chicken ‘every time’
- 1.5 pints of semi-skimmed milk
Hot chocolate mix
- Two tablespoons Horlicks
- Two tablespoons cornflour
- Three tablespoons icing sugar
- Four tablespoons quality cocoa powder
- One pinch ground cinnamon
- 100g quality dark chocolate (70%)
Perfect pumpkin cake for Halloween – ‘ghoulishly good’ recipe[RECIPE]
Princess Kate and Prince William’s favourite meal – delicious and easy recipe[INSIGHT]
Ripen an avocado in just two minutes using easy microwave method[HACK]
- Advert-free experience without interruptions.
- Rocket-fast speedy loading pages.
- Exclusive & Unlimited access to all our content.
- Pour the milk into a large pan over a medium heat. Almost bring to the boil.
- At the same time, add all the chocolate mix ingredients to a large jar. Grate in the chocolate. Pop a lid on the jar and shake it to combine.
- Spoon the chocolatey mixture into the hot milk. Give it a good whisk and leave to bubble for a few minutes. Pour it into mugs and enjoy once it’s not piping hot. Add some marshmallows if you fancy. Jamie said: “You’re looking for that gorgeous, thick, almost claggy, knockout texture.”
Source: Read Full Article