Omelettes are super versatile. Not only can they be eaten at any time of the day – they’re perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner – they are totally customisable in terms of flavour.
Cheese is a pretty integral ingredients, and you can go for a number of different cheeses. There’s nothing wrong with classic cheddar, but you can also go for feta, mozarella, parmesan, fontina or ricotta, among others.
You might want to add some meat or fish – go for smoked salmon, proscuitto, chorizo or thinly sliced steak – and some veggies – perhaps artichoke hearts, red bell peppers, avocado or roast potatoes.
James Martin shared a stunning omelette recipe on his website. His recommendation is rather simple but totally tasty. It read: “Open Smoked Salmon Omelette from Monica Galetti.
“This dish pleases the whole family and is topped with béchamel sauce, salmon and cheddar cheese! A delicious cut above your standard omelette.”
READ MORE: Queen Camilla’s favourite dinner can be prepared in just 10 minutes – recipe
- Six large eggs
- 60g unsalted butter
- Four hot-smoked salmon slices
- 100g Cheddar cheese, grated
- Toasted Sourdough bread, to serve
For the quick Béchamel
- 450 ml milk
- 50g unsalted butter
- 50g plain flour
- One tablespoon Dijon mustard
Ripen an avocado in just two minutes using easy microwave method[HACK]
Mary Berry’s creamy pasta primavera is the perfect midweek meal[RECIPE]
Prince Louis has a favourite dessert and it’s so relatable – ‘makes his day'[INSIGHT]
- Advert-free experience without interruptions.
- Rocket-fast speedy loading pages.
- Exclusive & Unlimited access to all our content.
- For the Béchamel, heat the milk in a saucepan.
- In a second saucepan, melt the butter and whisk in the flour. Then add the hot milk, whisking into the melted butter and flour. Keep whisking as the sauce comes to the boil, then cook for two minutes to cook out the flour.
- Remove from the heat, pour in the mustard and stir.
- Preheat the oven on the grill function.
- Crack the eggs into bowl and use a fork to gently beat it.
- Heat a large nonstick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the butter and eggs. Gently cook the eggs, bringing the sides into the middle.
- When the omelette is still fairly runny, add the flaked salmon and cover with the creamy béchamel.
- Finish off with the cheddar. Grill until the top has a nice golden colour. Serve straight away with some toasted bread.
If you really want to make a meal of it, omelettes are great paired with savoury waffles, hash browns or grilled veggies.
Source: Read Full Article